Saturday, February 26, 2011

Healthy Chicken Taco Salad

I love this meal!!  It is a Healthy choice and delicious.  I share my taco salad recipe with my cardiac patients when I teach the heart healthy cooking class.
Healthy Chicken Taco Salad


I use approximately 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts for my family of 5.  Boil the chicken breasts.  Using a fork, shred the chicken.  Put the shredded chicken in a skillet with Ortego taco mix following the directions with the proper amount of water, and heat until done.  
These are the ingredients I add, but you can add whatever you like:
 sauteed mushrooms
kidney beans
green and red pepper chopped
onion chopped
reduced fat sour cream
fat free shredded cheddar cheese
lettuce shredded
salsa
tomatoes
baked tostito chips

I will be adding new recipes each week.  Enjoy!  Hope to hear about your success.

No comments:

Post a Comment