Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bran Muffins


This is an excellent heart healthy recipe.  These muffins are loaded with fiber.  An increase in your dietary fiber will lower your cholesterol.  They are easy and delicious, an excellent back to school breakfast.  



Bran Muffins
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup Kelloggs All Bran Cereal
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg

In large bowl combine the cereal and milk.  Let stand for a couple minutes.  Add the egg, oil, and mix well.  Add all dry ingredients and stir until well combined.  Grease muffin pans or use cup cake holders and fill about 2/3 full.  It will make 12 muffins.  Bake 400 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.  They are yummy served warm with butter and syrup. Or just for a healthy snack.

1 comment:

  1. I *love* bran muffins. Just blogged about them myself. I've been eating these things since I was a kid. You use Kellogg's. I use what's on sale, to be honest. But I think it all turns out great in the end.

    http://tinyurl.com/3bpc2gu

    Take care!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete